Blue Coat K9 Web Protection is a well known free software that is primarily aimed at blocking undesirable websites and limiting internet access. You can block a particular website or a group of websites. You can also block some or all website categories such as social networking, gambling, hacking, adults arena and more.
Blue Coat K9 Web Protection is a small software application that is installed on a computer and then it blocks all predefined set of online content and also logs all Internet activity and history.
Blue Coat K9 Web Protection is a very handy and useful application and we strongly recommend it for internet filtering and protecting yourself online. It’s very useful for Parents and System Admins. It makes web browsing suitable for children at home, employees at office and students at college and library.
NOTE: I may refer “Blue Coat K9 Web Protection” as “K9 Web Protection” or “K9 protection” or just “K9”. They all are same.
Why I am sharing these K9 Web-Protection Hacks ?
Do I simply want you to remove K9 Web Protection? No!! Don’t remove that Blue Coat K9 Web Protection software from you PC as it protects you online and make online browsing safe and comfortable.
- These Blue Coat K9 removal hacks are only for someone who has got it installed on his personal computer by someone else (friend or partner).
- If K9 Web Protection comes pre-installed on your PC and most websites are blocked. You may have to enter password each time you visit a blocked website.
- If ex-employee or system admin had installed it on office PC and you can’t even access emails and essential websites.
What will you do if you don’t have the K9 password and urgently needs to access something online? Will you compromise with the situation? Don’t allow someone to store your Internet activity logs.
NOTE: Even if you are system admin, you need K9 Web Protection password before you Uninstall it. It’s irritating and very disturbing if you are not a minor. Therefore I am going to provide few methods to hack remove K9 Web Protection without password and system admin privileges.
Method 1> Simply Bypass K9 Web Protection
If you don’t want to permanently remove K9 Web Protection but wish to visit all blocked websites then this method is for you. The quick temporary solution is to use proxy website or proxy server to connect to blocked website.
A proxy website is a website that that plays a middle-man role and connects you to any website, you request the middle-man (which is not blocked for you) to access blocked content and the middle-man (i.e. proxy website) provides you the required stuff.
Use Proxy Website List: Access Blocked Websites with Proxy Websites List.
* If you wish to permanently remove K9 Web Protection from your PC, you have to delete all its files. Unfortunately, any PC don’t allow to delete any running software and its active files. K9 Web Protection gets alive from the very first moment when your session is created. You can’t simply stop or delete it, head over to following methods.
Method 2> Boot in Safe Mode & Get Rid off K9 Web Protection
Boot your computer system in safe mode. Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that put your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are active and therefore K9 Web Protection won’t run there.
Now you can remove K9 web protection by deleting its folder from C:\program files\Blue coat. then restart your computer in normal mode and you just got rid of K9 Web Protection.
Safe mode steps: Go to “start” > “Help and Support” or just press F1 on desktop and search “Start your computer in safe mode”.
* If your are lazy or unable to find safe-mode boot menu then there is a not recommended shortcut, just power off your system without shutting down you PC. On next boot up you’ll be at the Advanced Boot Options where you can hopefully switch to safe mode option.
Method 3> Modify – Move – Rename or Remove K9 Files
Go to C:\program files\blue coat k9 web protection\ and delete as many as files you can delete, rename them or move them. Rename “K9 Filter.exe” to “K9 filter.AnyName” so that the executable no more remains an executable file (.exe).
Now, goto C:\windows\system32\drivers it may be D: (root directory of windows, or any other drive). You must locate to ..\windows\system32\drivers. Now look for the “bckd.sys” file and move this file to a different folder then Restart the your Computer System.
After restart, delete the remaining K9 files and other folder from C:\program files\blue coat k9 web protection\ and now you can enjoy unrestricted browsing.
Method 4> System Restore & Remove K9 Web Protection Software
System Restore is a utility in Windows systems that helps to restore a computer system to a previous state. It’s a way to undo system changes to our computer without affecting our personal files, such as e‑mail, documents or any photo.
Now you have to restore your system to a date prior than when K9 Web Protection was installed and then you may get rid of K9 Web Protection.
* Most antivirus software and windows system update creates a restore point before they are installed.
Win 7 : Go to Start > all programs > accessories > system tools > restore system
Win XP : Start > run and paste the command %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe
Method 5> Trick K9 Web Protection and Become BOSS
Visit www1.k9webprotection.com/get-k9-web-protection-free and fill the License Request with your information (valid email address necessary) and request it. Check your email, you’ll have a license with instructions there, follow it. Download K9 Protection and run it, enter license and now K9 is pwned. Configure it and enjoy.
Method 6> Get Linux and Remove Everything
This is the best method and will surely work. Get a live USB stick or Linux live CD. Run the Linux Distro on your machine (Linux don’t needs to be installed to run) and locate K9 Web Protection folders and files. Delete all files there.
* Linux is free to use and download, you can create your own live USB stick in minutes. Linux is an Operating System, when Linux will be running on your system, all other OS will stay inactive so do whatever you like.
Download Puppy Linux (150 MB approx.) or any of the 1000+ Linux available distribution.
Download Linux Live USB creator (helps making USB bootable): http://www.linuxliveusb.com/en/home
Method 7> Sell or Destroy your PC!
Finally, if you’re unsuccessful and you have got your whole internet blocked by K9 Web Protection, you can just sell or destroy your PC.
Now let me know, how you’re going to Remove K9 Web Protection without Password? Did you got Success? Share you experience with us.